You’ve decided to tie the knot, and now it’s time to loop in the wedding party. While you could simply ask your friends to be a part of your special day, it’s more fun to show them how much they mean to you. These are the people who will help make the occasion memorable, who will be there to smooth out the hiccups and take the stress off your shoulders. What better way to pop the question than with a grand gesture?
Presentation Is Everything
Whether you’re gathering everyone together or sending gifts to faraway destinations, what’s important is that the expression feels thoughtful. Find a creative way to ask—the possibilities are endless! Order sugary baked goods with the question written in icing, or make a custom puzzle your friends can put together to decipher the message. Chances are high that your soon-to-be bridesmaids and groomsmen are anticipating their roles in your wedding, but you can still maintain the element of surprise by planning a splashy reveal.
Curate a Proposal Box
You don’t have to bust your budget to find gifts that are worthy of your wedding party. A proposal box is a wonderful way to curate budget-friendly, personalized gifts that match the theme of your wedding. They can be sophisticated, playful, or both depending on what treats and trinkets you decide to include. Here are a few ideas:
- Mini champagne bottle – That way, even if your wedding party is spread out, you can all toast together.
- “Bridesmaid” bathrobes – They’re perfect for getting-ready pictures! · Charms – Charms and pendants are sweet and affordable gifts that can easily represent different personalities and interests. From music notes and sports symbols to religious iconography, the wide selection makes it fun to pick out the particular charm that you think each friend will like the most. Include a chain or let your friends decide how they want to wear them.
- Wedding day jewelry – You can also pick out a piece of jewelry for your bridesmaids to wear on the big day! @nataliennewman chose these beautiful KAY earrings for her bridesmaids. Every time they wear them, they’ll remember this special day.
- Baked goods – Macarons, sugar cookies, cupcakes . . . you really can’t go wrong!
- Seasonal goodies – Set the vibe by including items like cozy socks and beanies for a winter wedding or a monogrammed beach bag for a summer wedding.
- We love these curated boxes @crisprosperi put together for her bridesmaids!
Choose Jewelry They’ll Want to Wear Again
Bridesmaid dresses are notoriously hard to re-wear. Don’t let your bridesmaid gifts be the same way! Choose something that reflects each friend’s unique style. Feel free to incorporate gemstones that match your wedding colors, but resist the urge to inscribe your wedding date or spell out “bridesmaid.” If you make the gift all about the wedding, your friend won’t have any reason to wear it after the champagne glasses have been cleared from the reception hall. Remember, the big day may be about you and your fiancé, but this gesture is about showing genuine appreciation for your friendship.
Get Useful Gifts for the Groomsmen
If you’re not sure what to get a groomsman or man of honor who isn’t big on accessorizing, choose something functional.
Consider a stylish watch, a sterling silver money clip, a grooming kit, a weekend bag, or even a bottle of wine. These are sophisticated options that guarantee your entire wedding party will get good use out of their gifts.
It’s the Thought That Counts
While it’s a treat to spoil your friends, the key to a successful wedding party proposal is communicating how much they mean to you, however you decide to do it.